Knit Your Own Adventure- beach style

April 05, 2018


You may remember the maiden voyage of Knit Your Own Adventure last summer when my husband and I took a two week trip to take our sons to the beach and . . . we hit the early part of hurricane season and decided to head to Colorado mountains midstream.  When we sat in that hotel last summer making the decision to head west I made a promise to the boys to take them to the beach on spring break.  We were able to make good on that promise and we took our fellas to Miramar Beach in Old Destin, Florida.







No big adventures to speak of; just the truest sense of "spring break"!  While the wind made the days slightly cooler- the 70 degree days on the beach beat the weather that was happening back home!  I had not been to the beach in years and this was my first spring break trip ever!  We had a great little place we found via AirBnB right on the beach and found some yummy seafood markets.










I decided on the Nakia's Infinity scarf for my spring break knitting.  This is the scarf that was in the Black Panther movie.  I wound my yarns the night before we left and cast it on in the van.  It was grey and rainy when I cast it on- pretty fitting.  When we hit Alabama and started seeing the red dirt roads we were listening to S-Town pod cast and going right past Bibb County when the color changed to a little orange patch!  By the time we got to the beach I moved to the green blues and stayed there all the way home.




I am about 1/3 of the way through and enjoying the free flow of the pattern and interpreting and changing along the way as I feel.  It is a nice mirror to the free flow of these beach days we had.  It is an opportunity I don't take lightly.  Not everyone is able to take a break/vacation like this.  My husband and I worked hard to be able to swing it ourselves, but I am so glad we did.  I am thankful all around- the fellas not totally getting on each other's nerves, the long walks on the beach, the incredible food, and the abundance of fiber in my life.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Search This Blog

Pages