with lots of luck

January 01, 2017


We are welcoming in the New Year and I am pretty sure we are going to need lots of luck during 2017 and then next four years for that matter- ugh!  So I knit up a little wool good luck mushroom pulling from our German heritage symbolism that would include pigs and mushrooms in their holiday traditions.  You can see several examples of this in old postcards.



I found this great pattern on Ravelry and it knit up super fast.  I knit the cap on New Year's Eve and then finished the stem today.  I used some wool yarns from my stash- a little Cascade 220 worsted weight dark red and some of my Moeke Yarns natural Elena.




I am a bit smitten and just might make more of these for New Year gifts next year.  I was lucky enough to get lots of time with my crew the past week and half including a long day of antiquing with my DH.  I found this great vintage sugar bag for a knitting project bag.  Perfect for carrying a little project with me.  I seem to have lots of little projects on the needles so I was happy to have another unique bag.



Of course it would not be New Years without the boys marzipan pigs- thank goodness our local candy store carries these and I snatched them up in early December.

From me to you- wishing a New Year full of peace and change.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Search This Blog

Pages