upside down

November 11, 2016



I feel like I am living in an upside down world this week.  I am truly saddened and shocked by the outcome of this election.  This goes beyond the candidate and party that I support not winning.  This goes deeper- it is about the prejudice and acts of violence already happening.  This was part of the worry my family had several conversations about.  The rhetoric that seems to have translated into a green light for some to violate basic rights of my neighbors far and near.

I honestly had to take a social media break for a couple days.  I took the advice of a very wise woman to turn off the devices, hold onto my sons longer, talk to my sons about what has happened.  To be honest I am not sure where to start but I know that I want to make a difference.  I know I can do better- be a better advocate.





You may remember that I was going to be watching the results and knitting a "blue" project and was only able to work on it a short while.  What I had decided to knit was a wool tarot bag.  With the future being a little uncertain it was an instinctual choice.  I finished it today and ironically the first cards that I drew reflected working hard and inclusion and diversity.  Trying to figure it all out- including examining my own privilege.

Right now I am not sure where to start yet, but it begins by not being afraid of the future- just ready to start working for the future.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Search This Blog

Pages