the blues

June 30, 2019


Been absent for a few weeks, what to say and what not to say.  A lot has come my families way this past few months and I have been feeling down.  I don't want to go into too much detail but just to say I am taking one day at time.


So a little self care was needed this weekend to help with my blues; very fittingly a "blue party".  A mother/daughter local dye experts set up some pots of indigo, woad, and saxon blue to dye fiber.  You brought your own fiber and just paid by the ounce.  It was a great way to get some blue yarn without having to venture into the world of indigo vats yet.




I was pleased with the results; the darkest blue is the woad, no mordant on wool.  The light blue is indigo with two dips, no mordant on wool.  The teal green/blue is saxon blue over dyed on some onion skin yellow, one dip 30 minutes alum mordant on wool.  I let them dry completely yesterday afternoon and then rinsed them all today and dry once more.


I also was able to throw in some wool loops as well so I can make some more potholders this year as well.  Knitting, fiber and some natural dyeing is keeping me grounded and I am so thankful for a community that has an event like this and a community that I am proud to call my home.  Big love to all-

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Search This Blog

Pages