wrap it up

December 31, 2021

 And just like that 2021 is wrapping up and I feel like I am still struggling to find the time to write and share like I want too, so I am really really going to try and commit to writing at least once a week . . . fingers crossed! 

So I shared these on Insta/Facebook spots but this was a sampling of the making I did for some small gifts this year:



I admittedly have a problem with wood bowls; seriously they are so beautiful and I often see them discarded at thrift stores and flea markets. I put a little elbow grease into them and clean them back up and oil them up and they are gorgeous! I re-sell some on Facebook Marketplace but I also kept back a stash this year and filled with fresh chestnuts, and a chestnut clip for family to roast at home.

Another little small gift was putting together some tea and a funny little tea bag holder in a small reusable cloth bag that could be also used for loose tea and/or mulling spices. There is funny little story about the "solstice squirrel" but I will save that for another time.


I absolutely fell in love with some block printing and gave it a shot on some napkins this year. I found the wood printing blocks on Etsy, the artist is from the Ukraine and the shop is IstiHome. I was on the watch for cotton/linen blend napkins at Tuesday Morning and used matte soft fabric paint in natural muted colors, some in different tones of the color of the napkins. I want to start adding some fabric yarn bags in the shop that are seasonally themed!



Hubby and I also made a variety of cookies; he made his awesome gingerbread and biscotti while I gave my hand a shot at making springerle and some pfeffernusse mushrooms to go with my cheater yule log cake! Both of the cookies I made were German cookies and very fun to make! The mold and recipe that I used for the springerle cookies were from Missouri company House on the Hill. I did try to use the traditional hartshorn in the recipe but the ammonia did not bake out, so I had to make a second batch and stuck with baking powder!

My husband also included some deer meat to some of his family from his first deer hunt this year. Deer and mushrooms always seem to make their way into the decor, gifting, and this year, eating!

Lastly, I made the littlest little in the family, my grand niece a couple handmade goodies this year. Her hat was a simple moss stitch hat with pom pom made in Lion Brand Hue + Me yarn in bellini colorway.  I also made her a little natural maple deer; see there are those deer themes coming in again! 

Tonight we are hunkering down on New Year's Eve with some quiet time, yummy dinner, movie and probably some knitting. 

Wishing all of you a safe, peaceful, healthy and creative 2022!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Search This Blog

Pages