simple traditions

December 29, 2016



My husband and I have a simple tradition for our holiday gifts to each other of a Christmas date each year.  It was the best present we could give each other since we had children right away.  A night to ourselves has always been much loved.  Sometimes a movie, sometimes a show, and always good food.


This year I went full on Christmas Carol junkie and made reservations for us at one of my favorite historic towns theatre for a production of A Christmas Carol with dinner at a local restaurant that has been on our list to eat at.  The production was fantastic and had us both teary at the end.




Then one of the best surprises was that I did not realize the dinner would be themed to Dickens 19th century London.  We feasted on lobster bisque, beggar's purse with lamb, baked apples, smoked goose with sweet potato and green beans and a finale of English pudding.  Needless to say I chose to eat at least bites of everything though I no longer eat refined sugars and to no surprise my favorite was the smoked goose and the couple bites of English pudding.  The meal was fabulous and I am going to spend the next year try to find or create a recipe with no refined sugars before next Christmas- I am smitten!



I love this little town- a true gem.  It has my favorite yarn shop and now my top of the list theatre!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Search This Blog

Pages