mushy

July 28, 2018



Mushrooms, fungi, toadstools- no matter what you call them I love them!  Though saying toadstool is pretty fun!  I find them to be magical part of the woods.  Sometimes they blend in with the forest floor and sometimes their colors just pop against the moss and dirt!




As far as eating goes, they are one of my top 5 favorite foods.  I really miss my chanterelle patch that we had in our backyard that unfortunately our chickens destroyed a few years ago.  I love portabellos,  plain old button mushrooms, shiitakes are super yummy, and the rare treat of a morel- oh my!




It is not uncommon to find them in some of my home decor.  I love some of the vintage pieces I can find from the 60's and 70's!




They often show up in my toy making as well.  I usually make them fairly stylized with simple dots and colors but recently I provided one of my mushroom identification sets to Jen of Simply On Eden and it got me thinking about some woodland mushrooms I made a while back and I was inspired to make some more.

I made a mini mycologist set this past week and just listed it in the shop.  The wool bag is made from Brooklyn Tweed America Wool line- Shelter in the bale color way.  This also includes a little moleskine lined journal for note keeping!  I hope it inspires you to take a hike and look at the magic all around us!  Have a great weekend!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Search This Blog

Pages