lunar knitting

February 18, 2019



Remember those 2019 fiber goals I mentioned?  Well I am combining two of those together for some lunar knitting.  I was inspired by the Hedgewitch Shawl KAL that ran from the full moon on the past winter solstice to the lunar eclipse full wolf moon in January.  Many thanks to Fiber Trek and Gentle Knitter for inspiring me to do knitting project that is only done of the full moon of each month.  I would treat each day as a self care day of knitting with reflection and intention going into each stitch.






I decided to knit a shawl for this project since this was also on my 2019 fiber goal list.  I picked out the Betula shawl.  It is rustic design with a wide wing span and the suggested yarn creates a subtle moon like color pattern.  I will be able to learn a new knitting skill of short rows with the project as well.









I have been assembling some tools and am getting ready for the first round of lunar knitting on Tuesday, the Snow Moon.  There is a new video chat highlighting some of the tools a little more closely if you would like to check that out.  Below are some links:



Pattern:  Betula by Melody Hoffman (Mandarines)
Yarn:  Retrosaria Beiroa
Needles:  Lykke fixed circular needles
Yarn Bag:  Bento Bag by Sweet KM
2019 Moon Calendar:  Hammond Hill Farm



Happy full moon all- I think there is some more snow in our forecast for this Snow Moon!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Search This Blog

Pages