gathering and giving

April 28, 2018


Last weekend I hosted a reunion of my crafty friends.  We gathered together to share food, drink, and stories.  Sharing and supporting each other as we ate.  I decided on a simple craft of the old school friendship bracelets with a slight twist.  I came across this amazing little tool from Loome that can be used as a pom pom trim guide (always fun) or to make kumihimo cords.  Kumihimo is Japanese for "gathered threads" and it is so simple to do with this great little tool, yet it creates this intricate braid.



I really love it.  It is a nice break in between knitting.  I started my first bracelet at the gathering, worked on it on a little day trip with my mama and sisters, and finished it up today sitting outside soaking up some sun on this amazing spring day!  I have been really drawn to these soft pinks and salmon and I added some yellow and white as well.  Mostly wool with a touch of cotton from my stash.


Today I was sitting near my youngest son's birth tree, a beautiful redbud in full bloom right now.  We planted this tree at his birth, and though the willow is my favorite tree, redbuds are my next favorite.  Did you know you can eat the buds?  A great little vitamin C boost!  I learned this when I was pregnant with my youngest and getting ready to give birth in April when my doctor and midwife shared this food foraging wisdom with me.



So I was inspired as I was sitting outside finishing up my bracelet nibbling on the redbuds to do a little giveaway to one lucky winner.  I went down to see if I could find a yarn in my stash to go along with a Loome kumihimo tool.  As luck would have it, I had a skein of Lamb's Pride Bulky wool/mohair blend in rosy velvet color way.  Brown Sheep Company spins and dyes yarn in Nebraska.

How to enter:

1- entry for comment here
1- entry for comment on Instagram
1- follow me on Instagram

Contest ends May 1 at midnight.

Good luck and I hope you enjoy this little set to help you play with some wood n- wool!

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. So excited to see this and comment...the yarn color is dreamy! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there- you are the winner of the give-away! Congrats, if you want to email me your address to mail your goodies. My email is willow@knitcher.com

      Delete
  2. this is darling and brilliant all at the same time! i love this new redbud knowledge and this sweet tool - excited to learn a new braid! 💗

    ReplyDelete

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Search This Blog

Pages