the making and giving season

December 28, 2018


Before I take down the Christmas decorations and prepare for a lucky New Year I thought I would share some more maker moments from this past month.


I took advantage of the Lion Brand Wool Ease thick and quick yarn that I used in the cat project I shared earlier and made an infinity scarf for my office secret Santa.  I really like how it knit up and used a free Ravelry pattern "Simple Knitted Infinity Scarf".  The color way is oatmeal and I really like the tweedy neutral it provided!  The weather has dropped here in Missouri and I just might need to knit one of these up for myself!




I also knit up a couple of pairs of fingerless mitts.  The pattern, "Waffle Stitch Fingerless Gloves" was also free on Ravelry and a really great pattern that is easy to memorize and quick to finish.  I found a couple DK weight yarns in my stash.  The first pair I knit for my eldest's girlfriend and it was knit in an undyed natural wool from Fibra Natura Shepherd's Own yarn.  I knit these up in one day on and off while watching a couple movies.  The second pair is knit from Cascade 220 Heathers wool in color way 2427; a dark red.  I highly recommend solids to really show off the texture and pattern.



For natural dyes I ended up making about 6 potholders from the wool loops that I had naturally dyed both at the workshop and at home.  I am really enjoying making these as I continue to learn more about natural dyes.  The dye pots are put away till the spring since I do most of my work outside, but I am excited to pick it back up in a few months!



I put the shop on vacation after I sent out the last package a couple weeks ago but did do a special wood gift for my niece.  She has really been making some fun drawings and I turned a couple of her critter drawings into toys for her.




I am so glad to have had winter break and look forward to planning out some more projects in 2019!  I hope that you all had a peaceful and creative holiday season!  Happy making!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Search This Blog

Pages