on the book shelf

January 30, 2022



I thought I would share some my current reads. I have been enjoying reading This Long Thread by Jen Hewett with its diversity of essays and interviews with women of color crafting and connection. As you may be aware there has been several important conversations happening surrounding representation in the crafter community the past couple of years and this book presents a variety of voices that has been very important to listen to. 






I was excited to also see that my local library has this book as well as the new book by Brandi Cheyenne Harper; Knitting for Radical Self-Care. I could not help but just thumb through the book and take in the beautiful pictures and prose. I am going to enjoy reading this one. It strikes me as a great book for a beginner and a beautiful re-charge for knitters who have been doing this for a bit. Looking forward to diving deeper into this one.


Lastly, I seemed to have missed that this prequel to the Hunger Games came out in 2020. Since I left the book industry in 2014 I don't have my thumb quite on the pulse of the new releases like I did before but my quest to find the right knitting project for the Olympic knitting brought me to the Hunger Games and I discovered Ballad of
Songbirds and Snakes so I thought I would like to start reading it as well.

I can't say enough how amazing my community library is; they had all of these books and has a great curbside pick up option as well. So appreciated while the COVID numbers are still high in my area. 

What are you reading these days?


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Search This Blog

Pages