farm to needle

November 18, 2016



Last week I was able to do some self care by doing some volunteer work.  I am a 4-H project knitting leader in my community.  Besides mentoring and bringing youth together I have a goal of connecting them to the community and learning about where their yarn can come from.  





To start off our project year we went to a local alpaca farm and learned about caring for the animals and the alpaca fiber.  I think they had a great experience touching and being the animals and hearing from some farmers in the community.  


Secretly I adore working with alpaca- I often forget how much so it was with no surprise that a skein of amazing natural colored alpaca yarn called to me as well- so not what my stash needed!  I feel very fortunate to be able to spend time with this kids that want to be makers- they are my hope for the future!  


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Search This Blog

Pages