Knit Your Own Adventure Part 5- San Isabel Wilderness area , birth cities, and Colorado goodbyes!

August 04, 2017


This is Part 5 and the last of the Colorado adventure sharing that I had with my family this summer.  our trip ended in a beautiful wilderness area called San Isabel and it is located outside of Salida.  Never underestimate stopping by the local rangers office to ask for advice on dispersed camping and hiking.  They directed us to filling up our water supply and some fantastic dispersed camping near a hike called Brown's Creek Falls.  They had me when they talked about the water fall!  We had a great couple of days at our campsite with lots of knitting, campfires, and hammock time! 




The hike itself was just right!  a fast elevation change at the beginning of the trail with stunning views of the local 14er Mount Antero.  3 miles in and we were rewarded with a stunning waterfall, the perfect spot for a snack, rest and a couple of rows of knitting before we hiked the 3 miles back out.




It was hard to leave this beautiful area but we hit the road and started our journey back home.  We decided to go through my birth city of Colorado Springs and made a quick pit stop for some yummy Mexican food.  Finally I got my chili relleno!  Good grief it was good. 


So much joy in knowing when not to push on one adventure that looks doomed and having the courage to take the other road on an unplanned unknown adventure.  Maybe the mountains where I was born needed to seem me again!  Thanks for reading along on the inaugural set of adventures via my camp cup and looking forward to sharing more in the future!




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Search This Blog

Pages