measure it in inches

October 11, 2016


Last weekend comprised of 5 soccer games, 2 trips up I-70, and about 4 new inches on my cardigan.  Word to the wise soccer mamas and papas out there that may also be knitters; don't forget to google the town where said soccer tournament is at to see if there is a local yarn shop in a sweet little downtown that also happens to have some Thai food to boot!

Husband and sons thought I was joking till Siri and I had them on route to the yarn shop after some thai noodle soup in between games.



But there we were in this neat downtown and several of the businesses were closed on a Sunday afternoon but there was an open sign outside of Momo's Knitting Nook in Leavenworth Kansas. Inside were tall ceilings, creaky wood floors, and gorgeous wood fixtures along the wall filled with yarn.  Not to mention the beautiful long wood table in the center inviting you to sit and knit if one of the several cozy antique chairs did not call your name.





I visited with the shop keeper, touched the yarns and walked out with a sweet little ball of angora.  I love what you can find when you step off the path and find spots like this.  So I guess I have to thank the gods of soccer and also a very supportive family of my high fiber diet!


My eldest celebrated a good last game at his home field for his high school and we still have a couple more games for my youngest.  Time to google these towns for yarn shops as well- there should be an app for that!  Till then I am going to keep plugging away at my cardigan.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Search This Blog

Pages