reflections

October 30, 2016


When I came across this old photo in the book I shared with you recently, People Knitting a Century of Photographs I knew it should be shared on Halloween eve.  It is labeled as "Halloween reveler costumed as little old lady with her knitting ca. 1915.  Not sure what makes it more interesting- the vintage feel of the photo with the paper cache style mask or that someone thought that dressing up like a knitter made a good Halloween costume!


I am really enjoying this book and highly recommend it.  I will share more of my favorite images as well as some of my own personal photo collections.

If you are into old photos I also recommend this books as well.  It has actually been out for a while and I actually won a book display contest back in the day from the publisher when this first came out.  A central character of its own in the book is the old photographs.  Both in inspiring the author to write the story and in the narrative itself the book does an amazing job capturing the intrigue one has when they come across old photos left behind to sell at the antique mall that a relative no longer wanted.

Well, revel on this Halloween my friends and try to read Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children before the movie comes out!  I am off for a Hallows Eve dropping my boys off at sleepovers and heading to the local haunted house.  From there I will start that day off antiquing and looking for more old photos for my own collection!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Search This Blog

Pages